The author of Westfalia
Blake Hill talks to The Writers’ Show about his new book Westfalia
What do you write about when your partner upends your life? If you’re Blake Hill, you hop on your mountain bike, go for a ride in the Canadian wilderness and come up with the plot for a book that changed his life.
Sometimes in life the fog rolls in and you need a compassBlake Hill
Hill is an avid motorcyclist, pilot, world-traveler, surfer, and more. After a setback from experiencing a stroke, Hill’s vision of life began to expand even more, he was dead set to live life to the fullest. His background as a screenplay writer gives Westfalia a cinematic feel, with sweeping descriptions and fantastic scenes.
Engaging and epic, Westfalia combines action and adventure with a narrative of healing and growing despite tragedy.
In the podcast, Blake Hill talks about:
- Transferring physical experiences into writing
- Using writing as a tool to heal from trauma
- Dream writing – how to let go of reality and create something new
- Living in the moment and chasing one’s passion
The brand new book by Blake Hill is available for print and eBook from Amazon here
To contact Blake Hill:
- Website: www.byblakehill.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/byblakehill
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/byblakehill
Buy the book